Monday, 23 September 2019

How I chase my natural acne: routine care and advice

Acne is an ugly subject. What works on some will not work on others. I had written a first article on my acne routine in order to get feedback on good practices to adopt. So thanks! Thanks to your answers, my researches and tests, the state of my skin has changed significantly!



At the same time, I have been watching my lifestyle as a whole to try to link the effects to causes. I am convinced that it is by understanding the causes that I will be able to get rid of acne in the long run. I wanted to use natural products, to respect my zero waste approach. These are the natural products, raw, which made the difference for my skin. Here are my good actions against acne.

Morning routine


  • I wake up my face with two or three sprays of lavender floral water, known to cleanse and wipe with a washable cotton.
  • or, I wash my face with organic Aleppo soap that contains a good amount of laurel oil, with the help of a konjac sponge. I wipe my face on a clean towel.
  • I do a week-long cure by drinking the juice of a fresh lemon with warm water.
  • I use the skin of the squeezed lemon that I put on to be able to rub the flesh on the skin of my face. This peel with lemon juice tightens the pores of the skin. I found this idea on the site Beauty Pure, by enrolling me in the program super light and super interesting "to a skin without acne in 7 steps". I highly recommend it, I have drawn other tips easy to implement.
  • As a moisturizer or nourishing natural face, I mix organic aloe vera gel with either jojoba oil, or nigella oil, or both. Add aloe vera to my routine had a smoothing effect and especially I can not see any button since! Both vegetable oils are recommended for acne skin. That of jojoba reproduces the hydrolipidic film of the skin, which creates a lure for the sebaceous glands which will thus reduce their production of sebum; the second has an anti-inflammatory and purifying effect that prevents the appearance of pimples.


Evening routine



  • For at least a month, I made a daily mask honey-turmeric-cinnamon (all explanations in this article) that comes to calm the redness, stop the progression of pimples and purify my skin. This mask is the must of this list, it is thanks to him that everything has rocked!
  • I wash my face with organic Aleppo soap,
  • I cleanse the skin by gently rubbing a washable cotton soaked in cider vinegar,
  • Same mix as I do in the morning: one or two pumps of aloe vera gel with a dab of vegetable oil.


Weekly Routine:


  • Once a week, I make a mask with green clay. I prepare it "minute" by mixing 3 tablespoons of powdered clay with 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar (if you are not used to it, it can sting) or floral water. I let sit 10 to 15 minutes taking care not to let the clay dry on my face. Rinse with water using a washcloth to remove the mask.
  • I gently rub my face with a little coffee grounds (to do in his shower because it puts it everywhere!) To unclog the pores of my skin. It's healthier than using an exfoliant that contains plastic beads and a lot more economical when you drink coffee.


The causes of my acne, from my observations:

❯ Stopping the pill

I think that was the trigger. Because the pill, do not forget, regulates our hormones and the male hormone (that we all produce) "androgen" can precisely affect the production of sebum and not affect the amount of pimples. All this is very well explained on the Beauty-Pure website but the link is only available on a free subscription to the 7-day program mentioned above.


❯ A slow detox

I think I have never had a bad meal because I have never had a processed diet. In recent years, I eat almost everything organic, lots of vegetables, legumes, little meat and cheeses. I have reduced sugar (which I eat in fruits and desserts only) and eradicated white sugar from home. All this put together helps my body to better get rid of toxins, and I suspect my liver and the rest of the "detoxifier" system need a boost to speed up the movement that causes some of the pimples.

❯ Sweating too low

* G L A M * Who would have thought that I could one day complain of little perspiration? Except when I play sports, I am not subject to halo under my arms or to my hands. I thought it was pretty cool until I understood the connection with my acne.

The skin is our most important (in terms of size) eliminator of the waste of the body, which waste leaves in the form of perspiration. Who says low sweating says low rejection of these toxins. Who are going out by where? Not the skin of the face that is covered with acne, let's see!

Ways to cure my acne in the long run:

❯ More sports !

Apart from any care, mask or cream, I started running again in September 2015 and every time I came back from this sweat session, I saw my skin healthier. Playing sports helps to reduce stress (an acne factor), regulates appetite (we eat less sugar, which is also bad when we have skin problems) and releases toxins from the body. Good points!



❯ I hydrate myself without being thirsty

How many times have I read and heard that you have to drink a lot? At home, I drink at least half a liter of tea in the morning and I sip all day infusions. To continue to drink a lot when I'm outside or at work, I always have with me a gourd or a thermos that I always fill. A good hydration of the body helps the skin to stay hydrated and young!

❯ I limit dairy products

They have a very bad reputation with people who have acne. But it was without thinking that it could have an impact on my skin that I stopped eating animal milk yogurts five years ago. I just soya yogurts here and there. Especially since a link between soy consumption and hormonal disorders is subject to questions ... I have never drunk cow's milk (I do not like it at all!), But I buy three or four times by year to make a homemade flan or pancakes ... Nothing very frightening. I do not eat more butter than milk (by taste), only the cheese really remains but I favor cheeses of goat and sheep, especially Roquefort ❤.


❯ I help my body in its detox

I know that the term "detox" is controversial but there is indeed a system "purification", I want to say, waste produced by the body or that pass through it (via our food or pollution that we breathe ...). Once I realized this, I realized that I had never helped my liver, my kidneys, my intestines and my friends to expiate all these junk as quickly as possible.

Years of stagnation that are not good! To spin a boost to my body, I tried the monodiète a day-very easy to do-that really limits the integration of toxins, which helps the body to sweep the old outdoors. I drink a detox tea every morning, after drinking the juice of half a lemon diluted in lukewarm water. And always in an effort to limit toxins, I try to do more sports than once a week (cycling trips, walking, short midweek workout) and I also limit my gourmet deviations sweet.

⇒ Water kefir is a natural drink made at home to fill up with probiotics. Since I started to drink it, my acne has significantly reduced to disappear. I realized for you a practical sheet to know everything about kefir and get started easily. Download it by clicking on the picture:

❯ Many vegetables and little sugar
The fibers are our friends, they satiate and limit the peaks of sugar in the blood. I spent a month and a half, in 2015, without eating fast sugars. Even having an unprocessed diet, I've seen a hell of a difference by

No comments:

Post a Comment